[News] Game Publisher: Only 1 (Or Less) in 10 Games Will Work in Vista

Vista breaks 90% of games, claims game publisher

,----[ Quote ]
| Alex St. John, chief executive of game publisher WildTangent, today
| blasted his former employer for a half-baked and negligent way of
| treating the majority of game publishers - small development studios
| and individual programmers of casual games: St. John claims that at
| least nine out of ten games do not work with Vista.
`----

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2007/01/30/vista_games/

Windows Vista and casual games: the woe starts now

,----[ Quote ]
| Casual game company alleges the security of Microsoft's new
| OS goes to far and stifles web-based games.
`----

http://gaming.monstersandcritics.com/pc/news/article_1253720.php/Windows_Vista_and_casual_games_the_woe_starts_now

While I'm at it, here are the last links about Windows (for today).

Vista's Hello; Gates' Last Hurrah?

,----[ Quote ]
| As Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates ushered in the consumer launch of
| its Vista operating system (OS) at the MTV studios here yesterday,
| he also inched closer to his own exit from the company he helped create.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3656971

Mossberg Review: Vista best for Microsoft crop, but it's no Apple

,----[ Quote ]
| Nearly all of the major, visible new features in Vista are
| already available in Apple?s operating system, called Mac OS
| X, which came out in 2001 and received its last major upgrade
| in 2005. And Apple is about to leap ahead again with a new
| version of OS X, called Leopard, due this spring.
`----

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=118344&ran=87842

Cartoon here:

http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/index.html

Top Four Reasons Why Vista Isn't Special

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. I don't care about awesome GUI effects and overlays if it
| requires a longer wait to just simply operate my computer.
|
| 2. I like the idea of DirectX10 and it?s unified shader technology.
| I don't like having to upgrade or taking a performance hit just to use it.
|
| 3. It costs how much? $399 for the Ultimate Edition?
|
| 4. Right now, the 64-bit driver support is meh.
`----

http://immortalwolf.com/2007/top-four-reasons-why-vista-isnt-special/

Remember that virtually no PC is sold with Ultimate (not even high-end), so
all users will sooner or later discover the hidden costs.