Re: [News] Game Publisher: Only 1 (Or Less) in 10 Games Will Work in Vista

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:58:10 +0000
<1466196.2t5aOYcs2h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Vista breaks 90% of games, claims game publisher
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Alex St. John, chief executive of game publisher WildTangent, today
> | blasted his former employer for a half-baked and negligent way of
> | treating the majority of game publishers - small development studios
> | and individual programmers of casual games: St. John claims that at
> | least nine out of ten games do not work with Vista.
> `----
>
> http://tomshardware.co.uk/2007/01/30/vista_games/

So buy new ones from Microsoft!  :-)  Oh, wait...

> Windows Vista and casual games: the woe starts now

Heh.

> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Casual game company alleges the security of Microsoft's new
> | OS goes to far and stifles web-based games.
> `----
>
> http://gaming.monstersandcritics.com/pc/news/article_1253720.php/Windows_Vista_and_casual_games_the_woe_starts_now
>
> While I'm at it, here are the last links about Windows (for today).
>
> Vista's Hello; Gates' Last Hurrah?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | As Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates ushered in the consumer launch of
> | its Vista operating system (OS) at the MTV studios here yesterday,
> | he also inched closer to his own exit from the company he helped create.
> `----
>
> http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3656971
>
> Mossberg Review: Vista best for Microsoft crop, but it's no Apple
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Nearly all of the major, visible new features in Vista are
> | already available in Apple?s operating system, called Mac OS
> | X, which came out in 2001 and received its last major upgrade
> | in 2005. And Apple is about to leap ahead again with a new
> | version of OS X, called Leopard, due this spring.
> `----
>
> http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=118344&ran=87842
>
> Cartoon here:
>
> http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/index.html

This only works today.  Try

http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/918.html

for a slightly more permanent version.

See also

http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/915.html :-)

(I'm not a Macophile but from what little I see at
http://www.apple.com/software/ -- which BTW is a hell of
a lot simpler than Microsoft's website -- Leopard and/or
Tiger don't play the "verticalization" game, just the
"upgrade" game.)

> Top Four Reasons Why Vista Isn't Special
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | 1. I don't care about awesome GUI effects and overlays if it
> | requires a longer wait to just simply operate my computer.
> |
> | 2. I like the idea of DirectX10 and it?s unified shader technology.
> | I don't like having to upgrade or taking a performance hit just to use it.
> |
> | 3. It costs how much? $399 for the Ultimate Edition?
> |
> | 4. Right now, the 64-bit driver support is meh.
> `----
>
> http://immortalwolf.com/2007/top-four-reasons-why-vista-isnt-special/
>
> Remember that virtually no PC is sold with Ultimate (not even high-end), so
> all users will sooner or later discover the hidden costs.

Costs?  Or taxes?

Microsoft.  How much did you want to pay us today?

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
/dev/signature: Resource temporarily unavailable