Re: [News] Game Publisher: Only 1 (Or Less) in 10 Games Will Work in Vista

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
<spam@xxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:55:24 +0000
<1cj794-807.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Vista breaks 90% of games, claims game publisher
>
> On behalf of the Linux community, I'd just like to thank Microsoft for
> making the Linux platform a more viable gaming solution than Windows.
>
> Thanks.

Heh!

It was more viable even *before* Windows, anyway --
mostly because it doesn't tend to lock up and crash for
no apparent reason.  (It *can* lock up, if there's a
driver problem, of course.  I'll admit that freely.)

But never mind that; the Wintroolies are apparently adamant
that DirectX10 will be a far better gaming platform
than OpenGL.  Personally, I think it's a wash; DX10 is
probably easier to do complex objects -- assuming that the
developers go with the flow and use the Microsoft tools.
OpenGL requires objects to be built from scratch but that
gives the developers a little more flexibility, and a lot
more feedback.

But then, I've not worked on DirectX 10.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Insert random misquote here.