Re: Can I get a computer with Linux preinstalled in the U.K ?

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 31 January 2007 10:59 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Building a computer yourself could be risky or tricky because, unlike the
>> cases above, you haven't the test and guarantee that each individual part
>> works hand in glove with Linux.
>
> Could be, yes, but I very rarely find it so.
>
> Going back a few years, I used to research the hardware for Linux
> compatibility, but these days, I find it mostly unnecessary.
>
> Vista users are far more likely to have problems than us:
>
> http://blog.flaphead.dns2go.com/archive/2007/01/31/vista-no-not-again.aspx

I haven't looked at the link, but it sounds rather harsh. Vista? What's that?
Is it one of those older Linux distros like LFS? Oh, wait... I remember
something about compatibility in that distro called "Vista"...

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2237

Lack of Internal Talks at Microsoft, Google

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/11/15/lack-of-internal-talks-at-microsoft-google/

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Beware the Windows box spewage (more commonly known as "spam")