Re: [News] Green Party Slams Windows Vista, Joining Many Others

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 30 January 2007 09:09 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Vista gets slated - by the Greens
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The Green Party has slammed Microsoft and it's forthcoming
>> | operating system, Windows Vista, in a withering attack on the
>> | company's "monopoly".
>> |
>> | Microsoft not only takes criticism for allegedly environmentally
>> | unfriendly policies, but for attacking civil liberties.
>> |
>> | The party claims that "Vista gives Microsoft the ability to lock
>> | you out of your computer," and that "Microsoft are determined not
>> | to play fair" in the video content market.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/news.php?id=107813
>
> This is the quote that really caught my attention, because it's both
> hilarious *and* horrifying:
>
> ,----
> | "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
> | Layer' when they go through our landfill sites," claimed Berry.
> `----
>
> I think I just found a new .sig :)

Go to the BadVista Web site. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Hilariously true. And sad.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
 10:00am  up 7 days 10:18,  6 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.48, 0.62