[News] A Second European Complaint Filed Against Microsoft, Over APIs

Microsoft rivals file second European complaint

,----[ Quote ]
| ...Microsoft was preventing access to Vista's programming interfaces
| and hindering the development of compatible products, thus repeating
| anti-competitive violations the commission had identified three
| years ago in a previous operating system.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7bAF5B8FB2-488F-4468-80B8-21F6EEE223E3%7d&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo
http://tinyurl.com/2ybdot

Recent:

Software rivals say Microsoft's Vista illegal in Europe

,----[ Excerpt ]
| Software manufacturers, citing 2004 European Commission finding,
| contend the operating system violates server laws in Europe.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/26/news/international/bc.vista.microsoft.eu.reut/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote

Related:

'Microsoft broke anti-trust agreement,' prosecutors claim

,----[ Quote ]
| It's claimed Microsoft's engineers used at least 500 undocumented APIs
| to ensure Microsoft's applications worked better with Windows than
| those of competitors.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/18/microsoft_breached_antitrust/

FLOSS Weekly 14: Jeremy Allison of Samba

,----[ Quote ]
| 'In the section of the interview from around 33m30s to 39m00 Jeremy
| Allison reports how he was told that the Microsoft team implementing
| SMB2 were ordered to "f**k with Samba".'
`----

http://www.twit.tv/floww14

Microsoft used undocumented Windows APIs - Iowa testimony

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/101947/microsoft-used-undocumented-windows-apis-iowa-testimony.html