[News] KDE PIM Made Ready for Linux in the Enterprise

KDE PIM Annual Meeting Pushes Advanced Design, Enterprise Stability

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE PIM is the Linux client for the Kolab groupware solution, and
| as such has many enterprise users who are supported by the
| companies making up the Kolab Konsortium. Due to their stability
| requirements, most commercial Kolab users are still using the
| KDE 3.3 codebase. A new enterprise branch of the KDE 3.5 PIM
| module is being created which will be used as an ultra-stable
| base for Kolab users, and so that Kolab-derived improvements
| can return to the KDE 3.5 branch.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1170027049/

Related:

KDE 4: the ultimate business desktop?

,----[ Quote ]
| Since beginning as a one-person project over ten years ago, the
| fourth generation of the K Desktop Environment (KDE) is poised to
| be the most business-friendly open source desktop to date with a
| host of new features ideal for enterprises.
|
| [...]
|
| Rodda is also bullish about KDE 4's ability to attract more commercial ISVs
| to port applications to the environment, primarily because of the
| multi-platform capability that comes with using Qt 4.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;855780098;pp;3;taxid;7

The Road to KDE 4: SVG Rendering in Applications

,----[ Quote ]
| Since KDE 4 development is in full swing with plans for a KDE 4.0
| release sometime later this year, I thought I'd put together a
| weekly piece entitled The Road to KDE 4. The idea is to have a
| short overview of one or two of the features that show progress
| in KDE 4. For my first issue, the goal is to show off some of
| the great SVG work that has taken place so far.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1167723426/

Sirius Teams Up with KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark Taylor, CEO, Sirius Corporation said: "KDE is a high-quality
| desktop that has always had a strong following in the Open Source
| community. By becoming a sponsor of the project, we now want to raise
| its profile in the Enterprise."
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1165921618/

Next Gen, Mission-Critical Apps To Be Deployed on Linux Says Report

,----[ Quote ]
| By now it should be obvious to even the most casual industry observers
| that Linux operating systems - and open source-based software in general -
| have reached critical marketplace mass. Recent Linux deals and
| announcements by Oracle and Microsoft have only reinforced the "open
| source is enterprise-grade" message that IBM, Unisys and other "Master
| Brand" hardware, software and services vendors have been preaching for
| years. In short, open source, especially Linux, is becoming "legitimized"
| by the major vendors for enterprise environments, and user executives
| are more than happy to believe them.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/RoundUp/Next_Gen_MissionCritical_Apps_To_Be_Deployed_on_Linux_Says_Report

CIO study finds Linux ready for prime-time

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=7681

--
List of candidate Microsoft astroturfers (directly or indirectly paid by
Microsoft to post in this newsgroup):

        Larry Qualig (former Microsoft employee)
        Scott Nudds (AKA Vistaking)
        Erik Funkenbusch (formerly an anti-OS/2 astroturfer)
        flatfish+++ (Gary Stewart)
        Damian O'Leary (AKA Hadron Quark)
        Nedd Ludd
        Tim Smith
        amicus_curious
        OK
        DFS
        Terry
        Ana Thema

Take everything posted by the individuals above with grain of salt. Microsoft
has already been caught paying forum members to spread lies about rivals,
e.g. http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/gizmos/2005/11/2_grassroots_an.html
Suggested filter list: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/