Re: It will take 100 Years for a linux desktop

  • Subject: Re: It will take 100 Years for a linux desktop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:08:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Linonut ] on Monday 29 January 2007 12:09 \__

http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/world-domination/world-domination-201.html

> Ray's back!
>
> Anyway, I think that article neglects Microsoft's stranglehold on the
> consumer market.
>
> Linux does have some leverage through /some/ work processes, though
> that will take a long time to shift the market.  Other forces might do
> it first.
>
> Enjoy your force-feeding.

Yay. He's back.. thought he'd gone to the Palm NGs. I just hope that billwg
doesn't come back to chat with Ray ingles though... maybe he retired just
like his idol.#

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    /earth: file system full
  1:05pm  up 6 days 13:23,  6 users,  load average: 0.48, 0.63, 0.57