Re: [News] New York Times on the Times That Are Changing

__/ [ AB ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 23:03 \__

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/business/yourmoney/28ballmer.html?ex=1170565200&en=fc88f6b16e451082&ei=5099&partner=TOPIXNEWS
>> http://tinyurl.com/2ekwsg
>>
>> The more pressured they feel, the more anticompetitive and deceitful (FUD)
>> they become. It has gone as far as produding an illegal (in the EU)
>> operating system and controlling information.
>
> We had a similar article show in in the Kansas City Star-Pravda today.
> Not the same story, but it raised the same sorts of things: hardware
> vendors hoping Fisted will bring them out of the doldrums, MS hopes
> that this will boost the bottom line while user enthusiasm is
> lackluster (they even used "non-existent" several times), parts about
> the Yechs-Botch and Zoo-ne not doing too hot, etc.

Microsoft has been throwing out all sorts of self-funded 'studies' and press
releases about this. It has gone on for months. Microsoft did this in Europe
(esp. to discredit the EC amid the antitrust allegations) and recently I
caught one for Massachusetts and one for New York. Microsoft-independent
folks, whose interest is a renaissance for hardware vendors, don't buy
Microsoft's promotional tosh, let alone Vista.

TSMC: Vista adoption will not boost PC sales

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070125/tc_infoworld/85432

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit
 11:20pm  up 5 days 23:38,  6 users,  load average: 0.91, 0.77, 0.78