Re: [News] New York Times on the Times That Are Changing

__/ [ John A. Bailo ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 23:54 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> the Yechs-Botch and Zoo-ne not doing too hot, etc.
>>
>> Microsoft has been throwing out all sorts of self-funded 'studies' and
>> press releases about this. It has gone on for months. Microsoft did this
>> in Europe (esp. to discredit the EC amid the antitrust allegations) and
>> recently I caught one for Massachusetts and one for New York.
>> Microsoft-independent folks, whose interest is a renaissance for hardware
>> vendors, don't buy Microsoft's promotional tosh, let alone Vista.
>
> Balmer is the Gorbachev of Microsoft.   He's there to ride it down and let
> Gates sell as much stock as he can before the big collapse.   I'm calling
> MSFT at $16 by EOY2007.

The gradual buyback is going quite far though. Look not at the stock, but at
the profits. Spendings in a failing Web division, Xbox, and Zune, _as well
as_ a gigantic blitz to sell an O/S and office suite that cannot be sold are
a case of selling through very pricey brainwash. This has a cost which
lowers income/profit, regardless of revenue (force upgrades of overpriced
S/W). OpenOffice, and many bugs in the belated LH/Vista are a sales
deterrent. It'll take a lot of brainwa$h to make them marketable.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Minesweeper Consultant and Solitaire Expert (MCSE)
 12:20am  up 6 days  0:38,  6 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.15, 0.28