[News] New York Times on the Times That Are Changing

Preaching From the Ballmer Pulpit

,----[ Quote ]
| In video games, it goes up against Sony and Nintendo; in music players,
| Apple; in corporate software, I.B.M., Oracle and Linux.
|
| [...]
|
| Yet earlier victories may not help Microsoft much today.
|
| "The world has changed, and how Microsoft adapts to that change
| is going to be the test of Steve Ballmer," observed Brad
| Silverberg, a venture capitalist and former senior Microsoft
| executive.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/business/yourmoney/28ballmer.html?ex=1170565200&en=fc88f6b16e451082&ei=5099&partner=TOPIXNEWS
http://tinyurl.com/2ekwsg

The more pressured they feel, the more anticompetitive and deceitful (FUD)
they become. It has gone as far as produding an illegal (in the EU)
operating system and controlling information.

--
List of candidate Microsoft astroturfers (directly or indirectly paid by
Microsoft to post in this newsgroup):

        Larry Qualig (former Microsoft employee)
        Scott Nudds (AKA Vistaking)
        Erik Funkenbusch (formerly an anti-OS/2 astroturfer)
        flatfish+++ (Gary Stewart)
        Damian O'Leary (AKA Hadron Quark)
        Nedd Ludd
        Tim Smith
        amicus_curious
        OK
        DFS
        Terry
        Ana Thema

Take everything posted by the individuals above with grain of salt. Microsoft
has already been caught paying forum members to spread lies about rivals,
e.g. http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/gizmos/2005/11/2_grassroots_an.html
Suggested filter list: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/