Re: totally, totally cool

__/ [ ed ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 16:35 \__

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:51:07 +0000
>
>> __/ [ Linonut ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 15:23 \__
>>
>> > After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
>> > wisdom:

>> > Gee, I wonder which *doofus* did *that*?
>>
>> What I'm also wondering (not making any accusations yet) is who has
>> been knocking so hard on my Web site in the past 2 days. The
>> malicious activity has been on a sharp rise, but then again it could
>> be a concidence. Maybe some cracker decided to pick on my customised
>> WordPress setups... again, I'm not suggesting that COLA trolls are
>> behind this. Some of the effective attacks began a month ago, on 2 of
>> my domains... then it became more aggressive around Friday...
>
> rackspace claim to have good defences against such activity. i think
> their admins follow up attacks with warnings to he isps. it's worth
> looking at their hosting if you get this regularly.

No, I wouldn't move. I'm loyal to my host. I almost got them a cotract with
Netscape.com even... you know, it doesn't want to charge me for hosting,
just upgrades and domain name renewal... been 2 years... even though I
insisted on paying.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it responds the second time"
Tasks: 138 total,   3 running, 131 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie