Re: [News] 20 Problems with Internet Explorer

After takin' a swig o' grog, flatfish+++ belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:33:00 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> Monthly Microsoft Patch Hides Tricky IE 7 Download
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Opinion: Microsoft used the January 2007 security update to
>> | induce users to try Internet Explorer 7.0 whether they wanted
>> | to or not. But after discovering they had been involuntarily
>> | upgraded to the new browser, they next found that application
>> | incompatibility effectively cut them off from the Internet.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2086423,00.asp
>
> I've seen that one happen.
> I also have a strong dislike for sites that do stuff like that.
>
> But, as the Linux advocates will say "if you are too stupid to read the
> doc then you shouldn't be using Linux/Windows".
>
> Pot=kettle=black.

Yeah, that crap tried to install itself, buried in 38 other updates,
when I powered on my wife's new computer.

There was a lot of other crap, too, from other vendors, on that machine.

The average consumer doesn't have a chance against such an onslaught of
tie-ins, nagware add-ons like Norton AV, and whining clinging installs
such as AOL.  They'll pay up, eventually.

What a con game the Windows desktop has become.

--
   Windows -- Microsoft's great gavage.