Re: [News] 20 Problems with Internet Explorer

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:15:38 -0600, Linonut wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:33:00 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> The Top 20 Reasons The World Hates Internet Explorer
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://hwtestinggrounds.com/?p=18
>>>
>>> The main reasons to boycott the browser should be its anticompetitive
>>> forcefeeding and disregard for standards (also proprietary 'extensions'),
>>> which helped it sustain some market share.
>>
>> Let me ask you a quesiton Roy.
>>
>> Why do you LOVE to quote obviously clueless morons?  Why do you love to
>> republish their drivel?
>>
>> You know for a fact that IE was not "the only browser a geek could get" in
>> 1995.  In fact, the dominant browser in 1995 was Netscape.  This is
>> something i'm CERTAIN you know.  Yet you repost this guys drivel, knowing
>> for a fact that's out in left field and completely wrong.  Why?
>
> Why did you ignore Roy's commentary, Erik.  It makes a correction (or a
> contradictory comment) to that quote.

What are you talking about?  It does not contain any correction or
contradictory comment.  Please explain how you think his statement somehow
contradicts the articles claim that IE was the only browser available in
1995.

> Yet you pick out that corrected point and use it to denigrate Roy's
> post.  Why?

I didn't "pick out" anything, I just deleted all his regurgiated reposting
of links.

> I do agree the article wasn't worth posting, unless Roy just wanted an
> excuse to make his statement.

So, you condone posting irrelevant crap as an excuse to say something else?