Re: Abuse Report Filed. Re: Roy Schestowitz

alt wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:07:21 -0600, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:22:03 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>>http://groups-beta.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=xFvp2hoAAAAb4mOWpyzVaW0aq-bp9NGnjj6y1UsWUZHxqbrtGgkPow
>>>
>>> 4 out of 5, based  on 375 ratings.

>> Out of 23,439 messages, 375 people thought your messages were worth
>> rating.
>>
>> 1.5%, That's pretty abysmal.

Idiot.

What proportion of true Linux advocates post to the groups via Google?

I'd vote for Roy, if I could stomach using a Web browser as a
Newsreader.

And what proportion of readers bother to vote for *anything* anyway?
Take a look at the comments sections of the likes of IMDB or
Amazon. Considering the huge number of people that must research those
items, there's usually a surprisingly small number of comments.

I notice *your* rating is not exactly a shining star of popularity,
Mr. Fudenbusch. Three stars and only 66 ratings out of 9709 messages =
*0.6%*!

That's not abysmal, it's chronic.

Oh and don't even bother checking mine, I would hope you're smart
enough to understand that Google associates profiles with Email addys,
and that both spam@xxxxxxx and uce@xxxxxxx (the two addys I've used to
post here with) are shared among a lot of other posters.

> I think we should start a new poll:
>
> Those of you who would rather Erik not post in here, say 'Aye'.
>
> Aye!

I'll go with the 99.4% ... and say Aye.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| "We shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support
| any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the
| success of liberty." - John F. Kennedy
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6
 19:27:55 up 71 days, 11:49,  4 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.16, 0.17