Re: Abuse Report Filed. Re: Roy Schestowitz

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:29:57 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

>>> Out of 23,439 messages, 375 people thought your messages were worth
>>> rating.
>>>
>>> 1.5%, That's pretty abysmal.
>
> Idiot.
>
> What proportion of true Linux advocates post to the groups via Google?

Oh, so it's allright for him to hold up his google ranking as some sign of
popularity, but when it's pointed out how poor a source that is, then you
complain that the people that count don't use google.

Nice logic there.

> I'd vote for Roy, if I could stomach using a Web browser as a
> Newsreader.

You would vote for each and every one of his messages he posts?  Right.

> And what proportion of readers bother to vote for *anything* anyway?

If you look at Slashdot or Digg, a lot.  Just not for Roy.

> Take a look at the comments sections of the likes of IMDB or
> Amazon. Considering the huge number of people that must research those
> items, there's usually a surprisingly small number of comments.

Different dynamics.  Those are places people go to for other reasons, not
to post comments.

> I notice *your* rating is not exactly a shining star of popularity,
> Mr. Fudenbusch. Three stars and only 66 ratings out of 9709 messages =
> *0.6%*!

I'm not sure where you're getting that.  I've posted a lot more than 9709
messages.  According to google i've posted more than 26,000.

> That's not abysmal, it's chronic.

The big difference is that i'm not holding my "rating" up as proof of
popularity.  I don't give a shit.  Roy obviously does, as he likes to crow
about abysmal achievments.