[News] OpenDocument Can Now Handle Every Microsoft Office Blob

ODF Can Handle Anything MSOffice Throws At It

,----[ Quote ]
| "ODF can handle everything and anything Microsoft Office can throw
| at it. Including the legacy billions of binary documents, years of
| MSOffice bound business processes, and even tricky low level
| reaching add-ons represented by assistive technologies....
|
| ...we recently made available a demonstration of the powerful but
| lightweight Da Vinci conversion engine.

How Vista Lets Microsoft Lock Users In - Cory Doctorow

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196601781

The lock-out begins for Office Mac users

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is calling these "Microsoft Office Open XML Formats", but
| Office for Mac users will find them far from "open". In fact, they
| can't read them.
|
| Take Word 2007, for example. By default it saves documents in the
| new *.docx format. Trying to open one of these in Word for Mac 2004
| yields the following garbled mess
`----

http://apcmag.com/node/4755

Microsoft used undocumented Windows APIs - Iowa testimony

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/101947/microsoft-used-undocumented-windows-apis-iowa-testimony.html

--
List of candidate Microsoft astroturfers (directly or indirectly paid by
Microsoft to post in this newsgroup):

        Larry Qualig (former Microsoft employee)
        Scott Nudds (AKA Vistaking)
        Erik Funkenbusch (formerly an anti-OS/2 astroturfer)
        flatfish+++ (Gary Stewart)
        Damian O'Leary (AKA Hadron Quark)
        Nedd Ludd
        Tim Smith
        amicus_curious
        OK
        DFS
        Terry
        Ana Thema

Take everything posted by the individuals above with grain of salt. Microsoft
has already been caught paying forum members to spread lies about rivals,
e.g. http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/gizmos/2005/11/2_grassroots_an.html
Suggested filter list: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/