Re: Links for Mark Kent

__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Saturday 27 January 2007 22:00 \__

> Here's a chance for you to show some integrity, Mark.  Click this link:
>
> <http://digg.com/users/rodtrent/news/submitted>
>
> and see for yourself whether that person is posting pro-MS/anti-Linux
> FUD articles by the thousands like Roy claims.
>
> Or this one, for just his technology submissions:
>
> <http://digg.com/users/rodtrent/news/submitted/view/technology>
>
> You've said you believe Roy, even though you admit you haven't checked.
> Why not spend a couple minutes and find out for yourself?

Why are you forking the discussion? I removed you from my filter so that I
could see your reply to the previous accusation, made visible by GreyCloud
(repeated below).

__/ [ Maverick ] on Saturday 27 January 2007 21:47 \__

> Tim Smith wrote:
>> Latest check of rodtrent's Digg submissions shows he continues to only
>> post a small percentage that is pro-Microsoft, and also posts a similar
>> amount of pro-Linux or pro-open source items.  Most of his posts are on
>> other topics, not related to Windows or Linux.
>>
>> So, where are those thousands of pro-Microsoft posts of his you keep
>> claiming?

Tim, are you being an imbecile or is this ignorance a case of deliberate
tease? Don't you see what's going on? The accusation that he was shilling
probably got to him (maybe even a warning from Digg!) and he now uses my
photo as his avatar, submit lots of pro-Open Source items, and even makes
the front page frequently (better than his miserable 1% success rate, maybe
because the submissions are truthful for a change).

Earlier today people whom I know there (I would not use the word "friends"
because of the whole 'digitisation' of friendships made it a binary
condition^R, which makes up a catalogue) asked about it and I'm just trying
to clarify that I'm not todtrend (a case of identity theft morelike). If he
doesn't take down the photo (and, yes, I told him about it), I'll just have
to ask Digg to take down his account (they know his affiliation and he feeds
his site/s, as well as friends'). It's not the first time that he does fishy
stuff. The staff at Digg knows me, so they'll be responsive. I once helped a
'friend' of mine get his account unbanned.

> HEAD-ON!  APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD!  HEAD-ON!

Tim is on the same path as the "Larry Qualig" troll. Hey, Tim, keep an eye on
your forehead. The vein my just pop soon.

I am not abusing (not proactively anyway) any of the trolls, so why don't you
just shut up, put up, or move to a Windows advocacy forum? This place is
intended to accommodate pro-Linux advocacy, not a flamewar. Your presence
here is a case of trolling (see Wikipedia definition), which isn't the case
of the scope was broader (e.g. more generic like Slashdot).

You are a troll. Cope with it, move on and find another hobby. Let the Linux
advocacy group advocate Linux. Don't let your employer decide to "bring
balance". Neither to Wikipedia, nor to pro-Linux forums.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
 11:05pm  up 4 days 23:23,  5 users,  load average: 0.79, 0.75, 0.68