Re: still waiting, roy!

  • Subject: Re: still waiting, roy!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 23:04:38 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Maverick ] on Saturday 27 January 2007 21:47 \__

> Tim Smith wrote:
>> Latest check of rodtrent's Digg submissions shows he continues to only
>> post a small percentage that is pro-Microsoft, and also posts a similar
>> amount of pro-Linux or pro-open source items.  Most of his posts are on
>> other topics, not related to Windows or Linux.
>>
>> So, where are those thousands of pro-Microsoft posts of his you keep
>> claiming?

Tim, are you being an imbecile or is this ignorance a case of deliberate
tease? Don't you see what's going on? The accusation that he was shilling
probably got to him (maybe even a warning from Digg!) and he now uses my
photo as his avatar, submit lots of pro-Open Source items, and even makes
the front page frequently (better than his miserable 1% success rate, maybe
because the submissions are truthful for a change).

Earlier today people whom I know there (I would not use the word "friends"
because of the whole 'digitisation' of friendships made it a binary
condition^R, which makes up a catalogue) asked about it and I'm just trying
to clarify that I'm not todtrend (a case of identity theft morelike). If he
doesn't take down the photo (and, yes, I told him about it), I'll just have
to ask Digg to take down his account (they know his affiliation and he feeds
his site/s, as well as friends'). It's not the first time that he does fishy
stuff. The staff at Digg knows me, so they'll be responsive. I once helped a
'friend' of mine get his account unbanned.

> HEAD-ON!  APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD!  HEAD-ON!

Tim is on the same path as the "Larry Qualig" troll. Hey, Tim, keep an eye on
your forehead. The vein my just pop soon.

I am not abusing (not proactively anyway) any of the trolls, so why don't you
just shut up, put up, or move to a Windows advocacy forum? This place is
intended to accommodate pro-Linux advocacy, not a flamewar. Your presence
here is a case of trolling (see Wikipedia definition), which isn't the case
of the scope was broader (e.g. more generic like Slashdot).

You are a troll. Cope with it, move on and find another hobby. Let the Linux
advocacy group advocate Linux. Don't let your employer decide to "bring
balance". Neither to Wikipedia, nor to /pro-Linux/ forums.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
roy      pts/4                         Sat Jan 27 19:17 - 19:18  (00:00)