[News] Microsoft Blamed for IPTV Problems; High-reliability Computer Designs BSoD

Microsoft blamed for AT&T TV hiccups

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has a spotty history on the gogglebox. In 1997 it
| spent about $425m to purchase WebTV Networks but failed to
| make the much-hyped phenomenon a success.

Also today:

Slot machine suffers blue screen of death

,----[ Quote ]
| However, it appears that this particular design is not quite ready
| for the prime time as, when we stopped by, the game had hung
| completely with a classic blue screen of death. Now that's going
| to seriously annoy you if you've just won the jackpot! We came back
| an hour later, and the game was still in the same condition.

Verizon takes over Microsoft TV code

,----[ Quote ]
| Unhappy over the memory footprint of applications and delays in rolling
| them out, Verizon has ditched some of Microsoft's television software and
| has chosen instead to write its own.

FiOS TV and MSFT: When End-to-End Becomes Best of Breed

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://weblogs.jupiterresearch.com/analysts/laszlo/archives/017055.html

--
List of candidate Microsoft astroturfers (directly or indirectly paid by
Microsoft to post in this newsgroup):

        flatfish+++
        Damian O'Leary (AKA Hadron Quark)
        Erik Funkenbusch
        Larry Qualig (former Microsoft employee)
        Scott Nudds (AKA Vistaking)
        Nedd Ludd
        Tim Smith
        OK
        DFS
        Terry
        Ana Thema

Take everything posted by the individuals above with a barrel of salt.