Re: [News] Huge Bill for Bill After XBox360 Disasters, Microsoft Continues with the Big Lie

____/ chrisv on Friday 06 July 2007 20:13 : \____

> Richard Rasker wrote:
>
>> The remaining question of course is whether the wintrolls will wizen up
>> and stop believing Microsoft. After all, only idiots believe anything
>> Microsoft says.
>
> You just answered your own question.  The wintroll idiots will continue
> to believe.

They also believed in Microsoft's malware stats, IIRC (or at least _wanted_ to
believe). I can't recall if the exact figure from Microsoft was 0.2% or 2%,
but that's the rate of infection Microsoft cited based on OneCare (or
something Web-based they employed at the time). That was a year ago.

Real figures from the press cite findings about 90% in China... 60%
in /businesses/ in the UK... and 75% somewhere. You can just about assume that
a Windows PC is /not/ 'clean'. In fact, according to Vint Cerf's estimate, one
in 4 or 5 Windows PCs is in the hands of a botmaster. That's how bad it is.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Software patents destroy innovation