Re: [News] Is AMD/ATI Shifting More Attention to Linux?

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 05 July 2007 15:17 : \____

>> ____/ Jerry McBride on Thursday 05 July 2007 01:48 : \____

>>> The only good news would have been, "includes source code"... Until I
>>> canbuild it myself, I'll never need it.
>>
>> See the links at the bottom of the OP. They talked open source. Maybe
>> they'll give it away one day, but then they'll have to kill us. :-)
>>

> Once the free nVidia driver works, I think the dams will burst here.

Is it all perfectly legal? I just wonder because maybe they misuse the b0rken
USPTO and extend their patents from hardware to software (drivers), where some
sophisticated stuff is being diverted to reduce hardware complexity and enable
patching (recall what a loophole they left in Linux last year).

Roy S. Schestowitz    The Holy Bible: http://www.gtk.org/documentation.html
 16:00:01 up 18 days, 21:28,  4 users,  load average: 1.35, 1.12, 1.14