Re: [News] Is AMD/ATI Shifting More Attention to Linux?

____/ Jerry McBride on Thursday 05 July 2007 01:48 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> The State of ATI Linux 2007
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | With the DirectX 10.0 Vista driver now out the door, the software
>> | engineers have been working on the new Linux driver (and one for
>> | Microsoft Windows XP as well). AMD will not officially confirm
>> | this, of course. While the features for this yet to be released
>> | driver cannot be officially corroborated, the driver should contain
>> | OpenGL improvements including support for Compiz/Beryl/Compiz Fusion,
>> | video playback improvements, and last but not least the overdue
>> | Radeon HD 2000 series support.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=768&num=1
>>

> The only good news would have been, "includes source code"... Until I
> canbuild it myself, I'll never need it.

See the links at the bottom of the OP. They talked open source. Maybe they'll
give it away one day, but then they'll have to kill us. :-)

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
 04:05:01 up 18 days,  9:33,  4 users,  load average: 2.46, 1.30, 1.00