Re: [News] Microsoft and Ilk Gag Blogger that Protests Against Linux FUD

> ____/ BearItAll on Tuesday 03 July 2007 12:00 : \____
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> "Show us the Code" campaign silenced
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>

> http://showusthecode.wordpress.com/2007/07/02/what-happened-to-show-us-the-code/
>>>
>>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40729
>>>
>>> So they tried to gag PJ, along with SCO. Now they go for the small guy.
>>> Luckily I have a supportive environment.
>>
>> Hang on a minute, I'm all for free speech but he works for a company that
>> has a partnership with Microsoft. Which means that if his blog is hurting
>> MS then it is hurting his company too.
>>
>> Of cause his company would have to investigate to see exactly what he was up
>> to. I don't think he has anything to moan about.
>
> I was getting the impression that his company was very indirectly related to
> Microsoft (who isn't these days... I mean, it's a large company). Would you
> also say that it's wrong for all Brits to criticise the government? If he does
> this anonymously outside work and Microsoft is not a client of his, then...

If there was no linkage between the two, the I would suggest that it is
entirely up to him what he does in his spare time.  This is a very good
example of Microsoft bullying individuals, and, indeed, one of the
reasons why unions were formed.