Re: When's the next Toolbar PR update due?

____/ canadafred on Monday 02 July 2007 14:43 : \____

> On Jul 2, 5:56 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> > Look at your content again. Eliminate anything that is repetitive
>> > unneccessaringly. Examine your sentence structures; are they correct
>> > grammatically? Are there any spelling mistakes?
>>
>> Does that truly affect SEO factors? Other than the ability to deter visitors
>> and never get IBLs, how would the content be truly evaluated. Excessive (and
>> exact) repetition being the exception here....
>
> That leads to the question of : what determines an intentional
> spelling or grammar mistake? To me, the answer lies in keyphrase
> search frequency. Common misspelling searches return both correctly
> and misspelled results. Seems to me like the misspelled results are
> devalued somewhat and reflects on the SERP positions.

Actually, some typos (if common) can drive a lot of traffic. Search this
group's archives for "Typo SERPs".

> As far as grammar is concerned, the search engines are evolving to
> employ the natural use of the language. Grammar has a role and will
> play an increasingly more vital role in determining content
> credibility and authenticity.

I doubt it. The computer power needed to do this is enormous and it's a hard
problem (if not impossible) to solve. Multiply this by the number of pages on
the WWW.

> All of this is more a question of having a web page non-rewarded
> because of it's spelling and grammatical errors ( non-rewards being
> basically the same thing as a penalty or a demerit ).

I think we are very far from being able to value a page based on anything but
relevant IBL, keywords, and anchor text. Even human moderation/evaluation is
open to manipulation (abuse).

> Search Engine Optimization Information
>
> http://www.rezultz-web-site-promotion.com/

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    /earth: file system full
 04:20:03 up 16 days,  9:48,  4 users,  load average: 2.40, 2.04, 2.07