Re: Award-winning Software Ported to GNU/Linux

On Jul 2, 10:04 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Opalis Announces Availability of Award Winning Run Book Automation Solution on
> Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | They have asked for Linux platform availability to meet specific run
> | book automation scenarios and we have responded to their needs"...
> `----
>
> http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=n...
>
> Another new software product launched for GNU/Linux:
>
> Linux Data Recovery Software Launched - Recover Data Software
>
> http://www.openpr.com/news/23344/Linux-Data-Recovery-Software-Launche...
>
> Recently:
>
> Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Enters Linux Fold
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The move acknowledges that Linux has found a home in some business
> | accounts, at least in the back office. Until now QuickBooks
> | Enterprise shops had to run their accounting database on a
> | Windows server even if they ran other applications on Linux.
> | That now changes.
> `----
>
> http://www.crn.com/small-business/199903645

As a quickbooks administrator, this was the best news I heard all day
when they released version 8.  We need all software companies to start
taking this approach to writing software (that is make it available on
Linux) and not just write it for Magwa Shaft.