Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Users Desparately Cling Onto XP, Avoid Vista

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:30:05 +0200, Hadron
<hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 06:09:37 +0200, Hadron
>> <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>I dont believe you John. How long term? What "road plan" did they read
>>>for "Linux" which guarentees the apps they use will be there in 10
>>>years? What does your company think of Linus's spat with Mr Gnus about
>>>the GPL?
>>>
>> For the regular staff we've  decided to stay with XP for the next five
>> years and keep an eye on Linux developments. Hell..I could run Windows
>> 2000 Pro for the next five years if I wanted to.
>
>Exactly. So your advocacy story is pretty much "Linux isn't right for us
>now but we will look again in 5 years"?
Wrong. We'll stay with XP until we have Linux phased in.
5 years is just the maximum deadline.  We could be converted in 2 or 3
years or sooner. We have  some legacy software issues such as Word
Perfect for example which was ported to Linux at one time (I think WP
8) but not for WP 10. It doesn't run well under Wine. Quickbooks is
another issue. We'll get these issues solved, however, and work Linux
into our computing structure. It will take some time but will be worth
the effort.

>> The execs, however, will be getting Ubuntu installs (dual boot) to try
>> out some time later this year.
>>
>The execs???? Wow.
You obviously have no business experience. These are the guys that
make the money decisions. Get it ?? ....and its good advertisement For
Linux...and they show their business partners how Linux works..spread
the word..get it ??