Re: Schestowitz keep posting

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 20 July 2007 07:59 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 19 July 2007 14:50 : \____
>>
>>> William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> It's an absurd statement, certainly straight out of the Microsoft
>>> Marketing dictionary, along with "the open source people have a
>>> monopoly" and similar nonsense.
>>>
>>> Links are there for linking to.  That's why they're there.  Mr Quark, on
>>> the other hand, is a consistent off-topic, anti-charter poster who
>>> should not be here.
>>
>> I think that the lobbyists created a system that made the linked list a
>> patentable idea. That's what Doug showed us some months ago.
>>

> It would appear that the US is about to move away from this ridiculous
> position.  Oddly, if left in place, I think it could end up doing far
> more damage than good to US/Canadian/Mexican/Australian companies whilst
> leaving the rest of the world in very good shape indeed, so probably
> from a US perspective it's very urgent to get this fixed.

The patent disease will be harder to propagate. This intellectual 'disease'
will dissipate along with the declining influence of America, which sadly
enough, is something that won't end before a presidenetial election and some
reforms.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
Tasks: 127 total,   1 running, 126 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie