Re: [News] Over a Million PS3s Sold in Japan, Ouselling Microsoft 2:1

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 20 July 2007 08:02 : \____

> waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> "90's"?
>>>
>>> Frankly, I haven't really enjoyed the game-play in most video games
>>> since Atari Centipede in 1980.
>>
>> I agree with you guys, but I always thought I was in the minority.
>> Last decent, fun arcade game I remember was Space Invaders followed
>> by Asteroids and of course Centipede.
>> I did like Duke Nuke'em 3D though.
>
> Ah yeah - I forgot about Duke 3D - it was very excellent.  Duke Nukem 1
> and 2 were actually quite good, but there was nothing really new in
> them, whereas in Duke 3D, you could interact with the world a bit more.
>
> Rise of The Triad was also an interesting game, but it never seemed to
> catch much market.
>
>> Some people just like a game they can sit down and play without
>> having to learn a zillion key strokes, strategy and so forth.
>> Some of the simplest games are the most fun.
>> Tetris for example.
>> However, I would still say most of the kids are into the complex
>> games like Quake, Call of Duty and so forth.
>
> Indeed.

Duke didn't really bring anything new. In fact, Wolfenstein was the first game
where I saw the FPS-type interaction. I was amazed. I was probably about 10 or
11 at the time and I remember where I saw it and /what/ I saw (which pretty
much proves the impact).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Othello: http://othellomaster.com