Re: Schestowitz keep posting

On 2007-07-19, NoStop <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You actually read them?  Or do you read the synopsis and then stop, and
>> assume you now know what the article is about, which is what a lot of
>> people seem to do?  (I know that's what they do because in subsequent
>> posts, they cite "facts" from the synopsis, when it turns out the
>> synopsis was not an accurate portrayal of the article--a not uncommon
>> occurrence).
>>
> Do I have to repeat myself? Yes, those that look interesting I actually
> read. What about you?

You are quite rare, then.  It looks like most people just read the
synopsis, and end up being less informed than they would have been had
they not read anything.

I occasionally read them, but usually they aren't news to me, as I've
got excellent RSS news reading tools that usually have already found
those items for me.  When the synoposis doesn't seem to match my
recollection of the story, I'll reread it to make sure I'm not
misremembering the story.