Re: Microsoft Faces EU Probe on Word, Excel Dominance, People Say

> Maybe they are just afraid of Microsoft's MIB (Men in Black).
>
> http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/04/16/2019244&from=rss
>
> Not kidding! Have a look. MafiaSoft.

   "Another lobbyist (unaffiliated with Microsoft) who would speak only
   "on background" laughed at the "Men in Black" description. "I know
   those guys," he said. "They even wear sunglasses like in that movie.
   They are the 'Men in Black' of Florida lobbying, for sure."

   A legislative staff employee who would lose his job if he were quoted
   here by name said, "By the time those lobbyists were done talking, it
   sounded like ODF (Open Document Format, the free and open format used
   by OpenOffice.org and other free software) was proprietary and
   the Microsoft format was the open and free one."

> State by state, Microsoft responds to creeping threat

Ironic.  Originally, it was Microsoft that was the creeping threat.

--
Tux rox!