Re: Microsoft Faces EU Probe on Word, Excel Dominance, People Say

____/ Linonut on Thursday 19 July 2007 12:34 : \____

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=aR9bHOp5bm3A&refer=europe

>>>July 18 (Bloomberg) -- Microsoft Corp., the world's largest software
>>>maker, is facing deeper scrutiny from European regulators on whether it
>>>is abusing its dominance in word processing and spreadsheets, three
>>>people with direct knowledge of the case said.
>>
>>>The European Commission in Brussels has sent a second questionnaire to
>>>rivals of Microsoft asking them for additional details on how the company
>>>may crimp competition by withholding technical data on Word and Excel,
>>>said the people, who declined to be identified because the letters aren't
>>>public.

Maybe they are just afraid of Microsoft's MIB (Men in Black).

http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/04/16/2019244&from=rss

Not kidding! Have a look. MafiaSoft.

> What, turfing/smurfing ECMA isn't evidence enough?

They can never just sweep people under the carpet. People talk, people blog,
people retaliate.

State by state, Microsoft responds to creeping threat

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/state-state-microsoft-responds-assault/story.aspx?guid=%7BC0D943C4%2D4ADC%2D471C%2D8F87%2D9181A4EC3E7B%7D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/2akafj

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012760&source=rss_news50

,----[ Quote ]
|    Quinn:  Almost to a person, to anybody involved or who knows about
|    the ODF issue, they attributed the story to Microsoft, right, wrong
|    or otherwise. Senator Pacheco may be a bully but I do not believe he
|    is disingenious and would stoop to such a tactic. Senator Pacheco and
|    Secretary Galvin's office remain very heavily influenced by the
|    Microsoft money and its lobbyist machine, as witnessed by their
|    playbook and words, in my opinion.

MA Governor-Elect Names MS Anti-ODF Lobbyist to Technology Advisory Group

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20061128161343183

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Quote when replying in non-real-time dialogues"
Swap:  1510068k total,   511640k used,   998428k free,    60364k cached