Re: Any trouble-free Vista users out there?

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 20 July 2007 18:21 : \____

> waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On 2007-07-20, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> Of course they are scared of it. A graveyard of games and apps. And that's
>>> just the beginning. The the equivalent of digital preservation at execution
>>> level.
>>
>> I tried it and didn't like it because it was too slow and my hard disk light
>> seemedto be more active than it should have been
>>  which probably didn't help the speed
>> problem.
>> It seemed to work ok for me but I just didn't like it policing my every
>> move. I'm sure all of this could be turned off but it wasn't worth the time.
>> Then after reading all the problems people are having I decided to wipe
>> it and load XP.
>> A friend of mine has not been so fortunate. Several of his disk drives are
>> reporting the incorrect size, one does not even show up in explorer although
>> it is in the disk manager (the partition is not marked hidden) and if
>> that wasn't enough he is getting access denied messages when trying to look
>> at videos in the "MyVideos" folder, even logged in as administrator.
>                    ^^^^^^^^^^
> |

> Urggh! I really detest this nursery language.
>
> "Mycomputer, my little pony..."

Microsoft realised this an decided to remove the "my" a couple of years ago.
Now, if only Apple got rid of the "i" where in fact it means "them" (because
the customer is never actually in charge).

Windows XP - My documents

Windows Vista - OUR documents (Big Bill is watching)

Windows Vienna - Are you even allowed access ('enablement') for these
documents? Have they not 'expired' yet?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"