Re: [News] Linux Wi-Fi Support is Excellent, Despite the Shill's "Big Lie"

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, BearItAll had the audacity to say that:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> So, Vista is said to have driver issues. On the other hand, see what a
>> group of just a few people is able to achieve:
>>
>> Pardus [Linux] 2007.2 - Unrivalled Wlan Support.
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I  managed  to get  these  5 wifi cards  connected  to my  Linksys
>> | router
>> | via  the  WPA-PSK encryption protocol out-of-the-box  with the help of
>> | the
>> | network manager. The connectivity was  excellent.  Despite  still  using
>> |  the
>> | softmac stack  instead of  the  devicescape  stack, Pardus Kurulan
>> | 2007.2
>> | (installation CD)  managed to conquer  all of these  notebook-based wlan
>> | cards.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/152/1/
>>

> Parados isn't the best distro to use for this, what with their very
> unLinux-like security arrangements.
>
> But the point of the post, that wifi in Linux is easy is valid.

The Kubuntu live CD did not work with my atheros based wlan card when using
WEP encryption (kept connecting and disconnecting).  It did work w/o
encryption. OTOH, my Xandros permanent installation works marvelously with
anything I throw at it: printers, wifi cards, usb drives, thumb drives,etc.
So it *can* be done.  I have a Dell Inspiron 8600.

*R* *H*

--
I tell ya, I was an ugly kid.  I was so ugly that my dad kept the kid's
picture that came with the wallet he bought.