Re: [News] Linux-based 'Blackberry Killer' Establishes Partnership

____/ Steven Spicolli on Wednesday 11 July 2007 18:06 : \____

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070709005406&newsLang=en
>>> http://tinyurl.com/3xnbot
>>>
>>> There are other projects of this kind (OpenMoko and Greenphone are
>>> noteworthy).
>>>

>> Yet another linux based "blackberry killer" or "iPhone killer" or "iPod
>> killer" or "Tivo killer" or "<insert name here> killer" product is
>> released.
>>
>> But somehow as if by magic ALL of these products are nowhere to be seen,
>> heard or found. If anything, they are and remain insignificant blips in
>> whatever market they are supposed to be "killing" in.
>>
>> Do this... before proclaiming the next "iPod killer" or "Blackberry
>> killer" or whatever, why don't you wait until this "killer product" has
>> 0.005% of the sales of the iPod, Blackberry or whatever before you
>> proclaim that it's the "killer" that you claim it is.
>>
>> Otherwise you will continue to look like the fool that you are.
>

> LOL! Good one. Big name brand companies like Motorola, Palm and Nokia have
> been trying for years to get their slice of the Blackberry (Crackberry)
> market and have been unable to make even the slightest dent.
>
> But this Schestowitz lunatic thinks that some company named "GUPP
> Technologies" that nobody has ever heard of before is going to kill the
> dominant Blackberry. And what feature exactly does GUPP have that the
> Blackberry doesn't? Oh yes, it runs linux of course. So in his universe the
> millions of LOYAL Blackberry users are all going to abandon their Blackberry
> and switch to GUPP solely because it happens to run linux.
>
> And anyone who believes this should email me immediately. I have a slightly
> used bridge that I'm willing to sell you.

You're talking to yourself now? Look everyone! A sockpuppet show. Scott Nudds
nymshifts and replies to self.

*plonkx2*

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> unzip; ping; mount /usr; grep; umount& sleep
         run-level 2  2007-06-16 18:32                   last=