Re: [News] The Laura DiDio Shill Comments on Linux Stories, Again

Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | One of the earliest Linux-related podcasts has its roots in real-time
>> | Webcast. The "Linux Link Tech Show" saw its first broadcast in 2003 and
>> | bills itself as "The Oldest Continually Running Linux Show on the
>> | Planet." It was started by the founders of the Lehigh Valley Linux Users
>> | Group and counts among its co-hosts several academics.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/58231.html
>>
>> When will journalist get a clue? DiDio is a paid-for Linux foe, just like
>> Enderle and others. Didn't the founder of the Yankee Group recently attack
>> Free software, calling it a religious cult?
>>
>> The press can't be trusted.
>>

> Unfortunately, the press requires advertising revenue to survive. Hence,
> those with deep pockets, who are able to do a lot of advertising, hold much
> sway with the press. Put another way, direct and indirect editorial control
> can be exerted if you have the money, hence the press can be bought.

Ian, thank god you explained how that works! Only in COLA would someone
be so self important as to feel the need to explain how "income" keeps
"businesses" alive.

But of course, he is also wrong.

A lot of "press" stay alive by taking income from advertisers which have
no link to the articles they cover. Think daily newspaper.

> It is not possible to trust anyone, who is seen to be purchasable, as their
> word simply belongs to the highest bidder.

And now we are told not to trust people who can be bribed! Earth
shattering news. Phew! Almost did just that!

Here's one from me : do not trust ANYTHING said by a COLA fanatic who
has an almost surreal hatred for Microsoft. Clearly, anything they say
will be to denigrate and slag off MS regardless of the truth.

> It must be expected that Linux will continue to be trashed in the press,
> because there is money in doing that. It can also be expected as the

Can you prove that? What about the positive spins in the BBC recently?

> security problems at Microsoft deepen, more and more people will take the
> plunge into Linux anyway. The important thing for Linux advocates to do is
> ensure that the Internet doesn't get subverted so that it in effect belongs
> to Microsoft.

Err, right.

--
"By golly, I'm beginning to think Linux really *is* the best thing since
sliced bread."