[News] Sun Makes Room for Linux, Sees Profit Rise, Copies Linux

  • Subject: [News] Sun Makes Room for Linux, Sees Profit Rise, Copies Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 02:29:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Solaris Now Runs on Intel Architecture Rack and Blade Servers

,----[ Quote ]
| “Two of our Intel platforms are now certified to run Sun Solaris 10,” says
| Whitfield, “which is the version of Solaris deployed in carrier-grade
| networks. These are the first Intel carrier-grade server products that will
| support both Solaris OS and Linux..."
`----

http://ipcommunications.tmcnet.com/hot-topics/open-source/articles/9002-solaris-now-runs-intel-architecture-rack-blade-servers.htm

Sun posts profit as costs fall

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun Microsystems, the world's third-largest maker of computer servers for
| businesses, said on Monday it swung to a quarterly profit from a year-earlier
| loss as it reduced costs, sending the shares higher.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6199680.html

Linux Non-compete Agreements?

,----[ Quote ]