Re: [News] Linux Market Share Over 21% in India?

On 2007-07-22, Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, they can be measured, if you mean how much of either is --sold--. If
> you mean how many people are using either, or how much of either i
> installed on machines, that is something else.

I look at what is being used as the determining factor.
For example, using the automobile example which I know is
totally worn out, the JD Power company has a survey of
'initial quality" of particular cars.
Essentially this is a measurement of how many problems
have you had with this car in the first 90 days or so.
To *me* this number isn't important.
I would rather know what happens after the first 20k miles or so.
How many people dumped the car because it was a lemon?

> All things change.

Yes they do and I see Linux moving up and Windows moving
down.
Slowly, but surely.