[News] ELive Scores While Novell's OpenSUSE Worries

  • Subject: [News] ELive Scores While Novell's OpenSUSE Worries
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 15:18:13 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Review: ELive 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| I've always found the Enlightenment desktop fascinating. Maybe it has
| something to do with all the shiny. It's a great balance of eye-candy and
| performance, and with a little tweaking, can be turned into an awesome
| desktop system. That's what ELive is. It's a live CD (installable) based on
| Debian 4.0 and using the Enlightenment desktop- both E16 and E17.
`----

http://distrogue.blogspot.com/2007/07/review-elive-10.html

openSUSE 10.3 Alpha 6 Report

,----[ Quote ]
| All told this release is kinda broken, but it is an alpha. You have to break
| a few eggs to make a souffl'e, and hopefully it won't fall next release. This
| is the first release for which Coolo took responsibility, but he came along
| late in the game. Let's hang this one on Andreas. (jk) Actually, Coolo is
| said to have stated that this is the first alpha to feel like an alpha. Well,
| I don't know about that.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/18306

Novell may have lost some momentum, but it's hard to tell for sure. I wonder
whose position AJ was assigned to fill. Maybe another key person left the
company. I couldn't find any information on the Web... anyone knows?