Re: [News] Interoperabilit Going Well, Without Microsoft's Help

In article <b7c9n4-uih.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> He's an interesting character, but he's always had a somewhat flexible
> view of open-source and free software.  In fact, I believe it was ESR who
> began the process of coining the term open-source in order to distance
> it from the FSF's strongly-morally-based positioning.

No, he did not begin the process of coining the term.  It was being used
several years before he and the OSI say they invented it.  A bunch of
examples showing such usage were posted to the groklaw thread on this:

<http://www.groklaw.net/comment.php?mode=display&sid=20070717095916179&ti
tle=Strong%20case%20for%20generic%20nature%20of%20%26quot%3Bopen%20source
%26quot%3B&type=article&order=&hideanonymous=0&pid=0#c596221>

--
--Tim Smith