[News] Review of Lenovo's Linux-enabled New Laptop

  • Subject: [News] Review of Lenovo's Linux-enabled New Laptop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 03:47:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
First Look- ThinkPad T61p

,----[ Quote ]
| Another high point that can't be seen by looking at the system is that the
| system is Linux-certified and can run SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10, as
| well as Red Hat and Turbo Linux.
`----

http://www.xyzcomputing.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1112

Another new Linux laptop (preloaded customised Xandros) that gets into the
press:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xbox360update/858457418/

Related:

Lenovo Unveils Its Highest Performing Notebook: A Linux Workstation

,----[ Quote ]
| Lenovo on Tuesday introduced its highest performing notebook, a Linux mobile
| workstation powered by an Intel Centrino Pro processor.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201000537#084058657658864310

Lenovo says it will supply Linux in NZ pre-installed

,----[ Quote ]
| Good news, we say. But we also have to ask, why not promote this option more?
`----

http://m-net.net.nz/1762/latest-news/latest-news/lenovo-says-it-will-supply-linux-in-nz-pre-insta.php

San Diego rolls out laptops with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| For the project's hardware, San Diego is working with Lenovo to custom-design
| the laptops.
|
| Officials in San Diego--the second-largest school district in
| California, with more than 130,000 students--hope that by implementing their
| Always-On Learning Initiative cautiously instead of rushing head-first
| into the project, they will be able to avoid costly financial and
| technology mistakes that might hamper the initiative's progress.
|
| [...]
|
| For the project's hardware, San Diego is working with Lenovo to
| custom-design the laptops.
`----

http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/showStoryts.cfm?ArticleID=7178

LCTP Series Linux Laptops