Re: [News] Linux Market Share Over 21% in India?

DFS wrote:

> Geico Caveman wrote:
>
>> You cannot trust market share measurements/estimates for Linux.
>>
>> All you can count is the number of licenses deployed with something
>> like the Indian government, and then that might give you a rock
>> bottom estimate. Nothing even close to the actual presence.
>
> Yes, it's greatly overestimated, since history has shown users immediately
> switch their Linux boxes to Windows if given the choice.  So those Indian
> govt systems are soon wiped of all crapware and restored to full
> functionality with Windows.
>
> "I love to tell the story about a speech I gave in Kuala Lumpur. I asked a
> large audience of techies, "How many of you use Linux?" Something like two
> out of 500 of them raised their hands. This is abnormally low anywhere in
> the world.

Low on brains you mean?

Let me guess... They were all windopws lusers and have all pirated
windopws software and/or paid Micoshaft Corporation loads
of money and have lived with
BSOD for years prending to do some kind of work in between BSOD events on
their computer.

So when push comes to shove, and the company is going down the pan
because their productivity is low as a result of having used Windopws
software in the company, and you are the new boss bailing out the
company and want to get rid of some dead weight,
you know which guys to sack in that crowd. All those 498 who
don't have Linux experience can all leave the room.

Choices choices!!!

> It turned out that you could buy any Microsoft product or any of its
> operating systems openly in retail storefronts for a $1 a disc. "Why
> should we use Linux when Windows is free?" I was told."
>
> http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/time-break-up-microsoft-has
story.aspx?guid=%7BAE94D3EC%2DD464%2D4F1B%2D8AC2%2D0B8FE9C7E5B0
7D&dist=morenews