Re: yet another MS Linux covenant ..

[H]omer wrote:

> Verily I say unto thee, that Peter Köhlmann spake thusly:
>
>> If *that* were not the case, the howling and wailing would not to be
>> overheard, since most people could forget about enabling 3D in their
>> nnVidia cards
>
> http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/
>
> Progressing steadily.
>
> Seems to be installed by default in Fedora 7.

/quote
Currently, there is some kind of 2D-support, and a very limited 3D support
for extremely lucky developers. The existing feature matrix is no longer
current, but we keep a useful TODO list.
/unquote

Now imagine a kernel with GPL3

I am totally against a GPL3 which can only work because some people have
enough brains and keep basic infrastructure at GPL2 to simply enable
working things

It is hypocritical, and it is wrong
--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.