Re: Rant: Windows Gets B0rked, So They Buy a New PC

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Amazing!
>
> My mom has just bought a new computer. She didn't ask, she didn't tell
> (until now). Her computer was filled with viruses and other junk, so it
> became slow. What did she do? She bough a /WHOLE/ new computer, including
> monitor. What about the 'old' one (which is quite powerful)? It'll be put
> in the corner to collect dust.
>
> Microsoft -- driving the economy and destroying the environment my making
> suicidal operating system, whose flaws are blamed on hardware.

I hate the throw away society, but it is understandable, people get so fed
up that it is easier for them to nip down to PC World and buy a new PC than
to mess around trying to get the two year old PC working properly.

Some will try to start from scratch, but then because Windows tends to be an
OS you have to reinstall periodically anyway, they pop in the XP DVD, load
it up, get to the register part and find that they can't do it because they
have used up all of their lives, how many goes do they have these days is
it three? and than your out in the cold. You can ring them up of cause and
get a new number, I wonder how many times you are allowed to do that part?

So users can be faced with booting that two year old slow slow system and
then fighting with it once it has loaded because of a million popups
telling them things they didn't want to know, or they can go to the Dell
site and £300 for a clean machine is very attractive compared with this
thing they are sitting at.