[News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Paid Shills and Media to Help Promote Lockin (OOXML)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Paid Shills and Media to Help Promote Lockin (OOXML)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 05:24:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open standards advocate [Microsoft Shill] comes out in favor of Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally, he said that many people were worsening the situation by
| confusing the ISO's health and safety standards, which are often
| enforced by member countries as law, and technical specifications
| such as Open XML.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62021038,00.htm

That's the guy whom Microsoft ***paid*** to edit Wikipedia in Microsoft's
favour. He is in Microosft's pocket. See
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/1712

He is a Microsoft consultant, not and Open Standards advocate as the article
says. Another media manoeuvre from the convicted monopolist. Look how he
turns this into a political debate, just like the FUD brigade.

Related:

Packing The Court At The ISO?

,----[ Quote ]
|      ...P member countries ('participating member' countries) sending
|     representatives, and I am interested to note the majority of
|     their representatives are, as individuals, also Microsoft employees.
|
| [...]
|
| How can they not see that OOXML (ECMA 376) is unwanted by anyone outside
| of Microsoft? How about it Brian Jones? Are you really so desperate that
| you have to resort to that?
`----

http://lnxwalt.wordpress.com/2007/03/23/packing-the-court-at-the-iso/

Shills voting on behalf of Microsoft. Isn't 'democracy' a great thing.