[News] Yoper Linux Reviewed, Fluxbuntu Returns to Development Activity

  • Subject: [News] Yoper Linux Reviewed, Fluxbuntu Returns to Development Activity
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:18:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Yoper 3.0 requires some tinkering

,----[ Quote ]
| In the end, Yoper requires quite a bit of tinkering at the command line to
| get it to work properly, making it more of a hobbyist distro and thus
| inappropriate for Linux newcomers.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/115354

Fluxbuntu back on track

,----[ Quote ]
| Fluxbuntu is back, says project leader Joe Jaxx at Fluxbuntu.org of the
| fledgling Ubuntu variant that installs with a Fluxbox window manager (fast,
| light -- a great alternative to GNOME, KDE or Xfce.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2007/06/fluxbuntu_back_on_track.html

Related:

Yoper Linux 3.0 RC1 LiveCD

,----[ Quote ]
| When we heard Yoper Linux 3.0 RC1 was available, we immediately
| started downloading it. Yoper has been quiet recently -- to the
| fact where it dropped to the 69th position at DistroWatch -- but
| Yoper 3.0 Limenite looks promising.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=721&num=1

Yoper 3.0 RC1 - Codename 'Ilmenite' released

,----[ Quote ]
| This release ships with Kernel 2.6.21.1 including the ck-patchset,
| Xorg 7.2, KDE 3.5.6, Koffice, Firefox 2.0.0.3 and lots of other
| cutting-edge packages.
`----

http://www.yoper.com/announcements/yoper-3.0-rc1/

Yoper 3.0 - Codename 'TITANIUM' released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Yoper team, together with lead-developer Tobias Gerschner, are proud
| to announce the long awaited stable release of Yoper GNU/Linux 3.0,
| codename 'Titanium'.
`----

http://www.yoper.com/announcements/yoper-3.0/

Fluxbox on Gutsy, just to be different

,----[ Quote ]
| Just for giggles, I installed Fluxbox on Gutsy today ... which isn't
| really very daring, since the repositories have only been open for
| a day or two, and there?s very little in there that has changed.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2007/04/26/fluxbox-on-gutsy-just-to-be-different/

Fluxbuntu - Light weight Ubuntu-based Linux distribution featuring Fluxbox
window manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Fluxbuntu is a light-weight, standards-compliant, Ubuntu-based Linux
| distribution featuring the Fluxbox window manager.The project's primary
| goal is to develop an operating system that would run on a wide range
| of mobile devices and computers, both low-end and high-end.Recently
| since they started development on the PowerPC Architecture they also
| started development on support for the sony Playstation 3.
| Fluxbuntu now Officially supports most of the major architectures
| plaforms: i386, PowerPC, AMD 64bit & Intel 64bit and Itanium 64bit.
`----

http://www.debianadmin.com/fluxbuntu-light-weight-ubuntu-based-linux-distribution-featuring-fluxbox-window-manager.html

Screenshots:

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution=Fluxbuntu%20nBuild1%20Rev2