Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Cheats on Patches Count, Patches Holes Slilently

> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 23 June 2007 10:46 : \____

>> Surely that is a joke?  It seems to me that Mike Cox is merely trolling
>> as ever.
>
> I don't know the guy's history. He showed up in COLA some months ago, but that
> was the first time I heard about him. I got the impression that he was a
> pos[t]er like "Bill Gates" who tries to use weird (and not so successful)
> humour to give a taste of Microsoft's attitude. It seems satirical, but
> sometimes confusing and maybe redundant.

No - he a true believer. In /what/, one can one speculate, but it's not
Linux, that's for sure. Amongst other things, he seems to be a Slowlaris
fanboy, but he'll sing Microsoft's praises too, if sufficiently
(financially?) motivated.

See his profile on the colatrolls Blog. The "take me home" script
episode was one of the funniest events in Usenet history, easily beating
all of Hardon's gaffs combined.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "People are not happy in stinking hellholes of abject poverty, what
| is true is that once you cross subsistence ... additional increases
| in wealth have virtually no effect on well-being ... This is worth
| knowing in case you have a choice between "X" and making more
| money, almost certainly "X" is what you should choose."
|   - Barry Schwartz
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 18:34:16 up 18 days,  6:20,  3 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.23, 0.22