Re: [News] [Linux] Dell Linux Coming Along Nicely, Support Not Even Needed

____/ BearItAll on Friday 22 June 2007 14:37 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Ubuntu'd, you're getting a Dell
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The perfect high school graduation gift – a new computer. It'll be a
>> | God-send for my daughter when her college starts up in the fall. But
>> | what to buy? Seeing that I've been running Linux systems for over a
>> | decade, I really wanted to introduce my daughter (a non-geek, I guess
>> | she didn't get the gene) to Linux as well.
>> |

>> | My little one has grown up. As much as it hurts, Linux no longer needs
>> | me to support non-geek users.
>> `----
>>
>> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/88684/index.html
>>

> Is Ubuntu/Linux meant to be already mentioned on Dell's web site? I just had
> a look to see how prominent it was on their pages. But it doesn't even come
> up in a website search along side any PCs.

They include an advert in a shuffle at the front page. Still, baby steps...
taking a chair apart one screw at the time... otherwise it just gets b0rken
(thrown).

An aristocrat's sexual escapades equate to Technocrat's hot RSS feed
 15:20:01 up 5 days, 20:48,  6 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.43, 0.98