Re: [News] The Advantages and the Reasons to Use Linux

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Friday 09 March 2007 16:48 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:52:58 +0000
> <1316761.YqRENKbZ4m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 09 March 2007 13:03 \__
>>
>>> Dr. GroundAxe <groundaxe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Normally, Gary, I do not see your postings, however, this one seems to
>>> have crept through, and is worth commenting on, since your remark is so
>>> incorrect.
>>>
>>> Free software works by the cost of development being shared across all
>>> users in a way which is supportable by each of those users.  Red Hat's
>>> business offering is support for their distribution, it is *not* to
>>> write the initial distribution.  This is *no different* to when you buy
>>> a PC from Dell - they do not pay for all the developers it took to write
>>> Microsoft Windows, Norton Anti-Virus, Microsoft Office, and so on, they
>>> merely make a small contribution on an instantial basis.  At *no point*
>>> have Dell, HP, IBM or any other OEM paid for the writing of Windows, any
>>> more than Red Hat have paid for the writing of their distribution.
>>>
>>> I know that you know this, of course, but it's just possible that a
>>> drive-by reader might be taken in by your lack of economic
>>> comprehension.
>>
>> Why feed trolls when the weather forecast is so positive? Troll posts
>> today can almost be counted with one hand...
>>

> I dunno...that one st00pid gmail idiot seems to be
> awfully, erm, energetic today. :-/
>
> (I hesitate to say "productive".)

It's this time of the month. Gary floods UseNet for attention, then replacing
his tampon. I can assure you that Gary is not an orginary guy (let alone a
guy per se).

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"