Re: [News] Is Linux Mint Better Even Than Ubuntu Linux?

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 09 March 2007 03:49 \__

>> Linux Mint freshens Ubuntu's palate
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | If multimedia is important to you, if you have a troublesome Wi-Fi
>> | card or chipset, or if you'd like a starter distro for someone trying
>> | to move away from Windows, Linux Mint is a good place to start. It has
>> | all the benefits of Ubuntu -- and lacks Ubuntu's bias toward shipping
>> | only the most necessary non-free drivers -- and offers a few added
>> | features to boot.
>> `----
>>
>> http://distrocenter.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/02/28/177209&tid=127
>
> To reverse the /. mantra; "Yes, but does it run Vista?"
>
> Just think of this Mr. Sweaty B., future PCs that are not even Windows
> compatible.
>
> And he was worried about mere Windows-less OEM boxes, and dual booters.
>
> Oooh Nooo!

Speaking of Sweaty Ballmer, I created some links to that page of yours with
sweaty Ballmer. It frustrates me that many people are unaware (call it
blissful ignorance) of who they give their money to.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)
roy      pts/3                         Fri Mar  9 00:33   still logged in